Pages

Sunday 27 November 2011

Week 3 Directed study


Here I have two drawings of the same place (interior of Richmond building) done with two different mediums.
The mediums chosen are  2B pencil and graphic markers. I found out that drawing with markers is much easier to create an impressionist scene than doing it with a pencil, you get better results in less time and because of the impressionistic style, detail is not needed to be accurately represented. Graphic markers have a wider tonal variation (compared to the pencil I used) and in that way I have a higher contrast value in my drawing,  the reason I chose a hard pencil was because I wanted a low contrast drawing because of the hardness of the pencil it’s hard to achieve darker tones.
The way I approached these drawing were on terms of their composition and mediums used.
I used the rule of thirds to place the table and chairs on the bottom left side of the (imaginative) grid, as a focal point to draw the viewers attention. On the opposite top side of that grid there is a corridor that gives the impression of depth allowing the viewer to change between focal points and wandering off into opposite sides of the drawings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment